The staff encourage the wearing of school uniform because:
- We feel it is positive for children to develop loyalties to their school and to identify with an organisation to which their peers also belong
- We encourage children to be proud of their school and through genuine school spirit to communicate this pride of belonging to the community
- School uniform adds to the atmosphere and spirit of the school
- School uniform prevents the problem of unhealthy competition related to expensive clothing
- Wearing school uniform assists home morning routines
|OPTIONAL WINTER UNIFORM
The school uniform is available at:
- Byrne Clothing, Clarinda Street, Parkes
- Haircuts are to be kept simple and neat in natural colouring only.
- Long hair (shoulder length or longer) to be tied back using only green or gold ribbons or bands.
No jewellery, other than a crucifix or holy medal, wrist watch and one pair of earrings (sleepers or studs only) may be worn at school. Runners/Joggers are strictly not permitted to be worn with the school uniform except for Sports Day (typically on Fridays). All children with long hair must have it tied back while at school in a ponytail, plaits or pigtails.
Nail polish is not considered part of the uniform.
If for any reason a student needs to be out of uniform, a note from home is required.
A Holy Family school bag is part of our uniform policy. Bags may be purchased at our school office.